Custom Pallet Design
Remmey utilizes the Pallet Design System (PDS), reliability-based software to test and analyze pallet designs and load strengths.
PDS has the ability to analyze pallets in 4 conditions:
- Racked Across Stringers (RAS), where the stringer supports the unit load, typical front to back pallet racking;
- Racked Across Deckboard (RAD), where the deckboards support the unit load;
- Drive in racking or drive through racking, where a single pallet under load rests on the floor
- Ability to model loaded pallets stacked on top of each other for loaded pallets stacked 3-, 4-, or even 5-high in storage.
We have used PDS to do custom designs and strength analysis:
- For a floor display for a national building supply company.
- For a retail home furnishing warehouse racking system.
- For a pharmaceutical company to store drums stacked 3-high in their warehouse.
- Reduced product damages
- Accommodates unique storage and handling needs
- Ensures accurate and safe load limits
- Facilitates “what-if” simulation
- Optimizes unit load analysis without over-designing and waste